Assistant Production Manager
POSITION: Assistant Production Manager
HIRE DATES: August 30 – November 15, 2013
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Film Programmers, Volunteer Coordinator
COMPENSATION: $1,500 stipend
The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Assist the Production Manager with filmmaker relations including filmmaker registration, travel schedules and liaison team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Assistant Production Manger include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, schedule and appoint and train Filmmaker Liaisons for Film Dept.
- Work as point person between liaisons and registration
- Oversee staffing needs and volunteer training
- Be prepared to fill positions such as theater manager, projectionist or problem solve as needed
- Assist Production Manager with Registration for film department
- Keep filing system of additional screeners, production stills and filmmaker packet forms
- Contact filmmakers when deadlines are approaching or have passed
- Work with Production Manager to communicate with theater venue volunteers, interns, film liaisons and projectionists
- Adhere to and complete a predetermined timeline
- Attend all Film Department and Staff meetings
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Provide wrap up and completion materials
- Commit to the AFF Mission Statement
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Excellent problem solving skills & patience
- Experience working with and communicating with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Send your resume and references to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Office Manager
Austin, TX 78702
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com including the position title in the Subject line.
**All submissions must include references.**