Advertising Sales Coordinator
POSITION: Advertising Sales Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Sponsorship/ Development
HIRE DATES: May 1 – September 30, 2013
REPORTS TO: Development Director
COMPENSATION: $2,500 guarantee (short term) contract against 15% commission on sales
The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Selling and maintaining ad space in the AFF program book, securing exhibitors for AFF’s Exhibit Hall, and up-selling advertisers on other promotional opportunities at the Austin Film Festival including registrant bags, website, and newsletter. Help Development Director with smaller sponsorships, Film & Food Party sponsors, and selling marketing materials to filmmakers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Advertising Sales Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Following up with previous advertisers
- Using cold calling methods to create new relationships with advertisers
- Working directly with the Development Director
- Working with Webmaster to integrate ads on website
- Researching advertisers locally and nationally
- Attending bi-weekly meeting with Development Director and Executive Director for updates and brainstorming
- Liaison between advertiser and graphic designer
- Fulfillment of agreements negotiated with advertisers
- Adhering to and completing a predetermined timeline
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Commitment to the AFF Mission Statement
- Set number of office hours between 25-30 hours a week.
- Providing all advertisers with wrap-up reports post 2013 Austin Film Festival
- Ensuring all advertisers have been invoiced and paid prior to receiving ad or promotional materials
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- MUST have previous sales experience
- Experience working with and communicating with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Microsoft Office
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Send your resume, cover letter and references to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Office Manager
Austin, TX 78702
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the Subject line.