Film Marketing Coordinator
Austin Film Festival
Film Marketing Coordinator (Paid Internship)
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Dates: Thursday, September 3 – Thursday, November 1
Hours: hours will vary between 20 – 25/week during the weeks leading up to and following the Festival. Must attend regular Wednesday staff marketing meetings (noon). During the Festival (Thursday, October 18 – Thursday, October 25), each day will begin with the AFF morning staff meeting and conclude an hour after the last screening ends.
Position Description: The Film Marketing Coordinator will support the marketing and film departments’ strategy for marketing and outreach for all film screenings during the 19th annual Austin Film Festival. The position is a marketing role and is inclusive of marketing the film program portion of Austin Film Festival from date of hire through the closing of the event. It will include marketing to the general public, encouraging community partnerships, communication through social media outlets, website maintenance for the festival schedule website (Festival Genius), AFF’s daily newsletter, and all other grassroots marketing efforts which are approved by film and marketing departments.
(1) Managing Festival Genius content, including but not limited to:
- Familiarization with Festival Genius site capabilities
- Managing content
- Monitoring page view, schedule adds and comments and make recommendations for adjustments based on analysis
(2) Implementing marketing and outreach plan for each Festival film, including but not limited to:
- Creating a complete list of films as well as possible interested audiences for each film or grouping of films
- Creating a list of potential partner organizations, websites, email groups, etc
- Create and distribute flyers to be taken to strategic distribution sites and monitored on a regular basis
- Regular communication and follow-up with all partner and potential partner organizations and groups
- Creating a list of all social media for each film/filmmakers and/or other special guests
(3) Create and distribute AFF Daily print and email newsletter, including but not limited to:
- Gathering and verifying all updates and changes with key staff members during the morning staff meeting
- Completing the printed template each Conference day (10/18 – 10/21), delivering to the printer and distributing by 9:30am
- Completing the Emma newsletter template each Festival day (10/18 – 10/25) and sending to the AFF list by 10am
- Obtaining approval from the Director of Marketing for each printed and electronic AFF Daily
(4) Analysis of marketing/outreach against attendance and sales numbers, including but not limited to:
- Examining the screening attendance each night during the Festival and determine necessary adjustments for last minute marketing/outreach for next day’s screenings
- Create sales vs. marketing strategies chart and attendance vs. marketing strategies charts
Additionally, the Film Marketing Coordinator will maintain clear and detailed records of all efforts for use by future staff/volunteers.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Office Manager
1801 Salina St.
Austin, TX 78702
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.