POSITION: Registration Director
HIRE DATES: June 18 – November 15
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Office Manager
COMPENSATION: $6,000 contract (total)
TIME COMMITMENT: 40 hours/wk, longer hours from Sept. through the festival.
The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills, and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintaining and managing all registrant materials including AFF Filemaker Pro database, multiple lists and spreadsheets, specific department needs, and performing regular auditing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Registration Director include but are not limited to:
- Manipulating and maintaining the Registration database
- Registering each registrant (Early Registration and Walk-Up Registration included)
- Preparing and managing Registration in the Victorian Room at the Driskill Hotel prior to and during the festival
- Organizing, and designing where applicable, registrant materials including badges, passes, packets, party invites, lists of registrants, registrant forms, etc.
- Managing registration interns and volunteers prior to and during the festival
- Performing quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries
- Reviews database design and integration of systems
- Working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks
- Creating weekly status reports & attending weekly staff meetings
- Adhering to and completing a predetermined timeline
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Providing wrap-up and completion materials including badge sale reports, database information updating, and documenting no shows and rollover registrations
- Commitment to the AFF Mission Statement
- *REQUIRED: MUST have intermediate knowledge of database programs and general knowledge of software environments (particularly FileMaker, Access, Excel)
- Excellent problem-solving skills & patience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Strong understanding of database management
- Knowledge of online payment systems and how to integrate into a database system
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Basic accounting required, knowledge of QuickBooks helpful
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop preferred
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Send your resume, cover letter & references to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Office Manager
1801 Salina Street
Austin, TX 78702
E-mail your materials to email@example.com including the position title in the Subject line.
**All submissions must include references. Incomplete applications will not be accepted**