POSITION: Volunteer Coordinator
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: July1 – November 15, 2013
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: $5,000 (total) contract
The Austin Film Festival furthers the art and craft of filmmaking by inspiring and championing the work of screenwriters, filmmakers, and all artists who use the language of film to tell a story.
While working for this critically recognized organization, applicants are expected to be able to work efficiently and professionally in a fast paced, team-oriented production environment. In such an environment, the ability to work well under pressure, excellent communication skills and intense organizational skills are a must.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Recruit, schedule, manage, and motivate a large group of volunteers prior to and during the festival while maintaining constant communication with each department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Organize a “Call for Volunteers Campaign” before the festival
- Collaborating with other community organizations on recruitment, training and other possible partnerships
- Assess volunteer needs based on specific department needs
- Maintaining the volunteer database and keeping up with individual volunteer hours
- Organizing Volunteer Orientations, Volunteer Appreciation events and scheduling meetings with departments
- Scheduling volunteers into specific departments and positions prior to and during the festival.
- Communicating clearly and consistently with large volunteer base
- Creating Weekly Status Reports & attending weekly Staff Meetings
- Adhering to and completing a predetermined timeline
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Providing wrap up and completion materials
- Plan and organize Volunteer Appreciation Party (November)
- Commitment to the AFF Mission & Goals
- Excellent problem solving skills & patience
- Experience managing and effectively communicating to large groups of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Send your resume and references to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Office Manager
Austin, TX 78702
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the Subject line.
**All submissions must include references.**