Do you have a love for film and want to help a great organization? We are in need of volunteers to help us prepare for the 2015 Austin Film Festival & Conference, October 29 – November 5. Each year, the enthusiasm, commitment and hard work of volunteers enable the Festival to pursue its mission of celebrating the writer at the heart of the process of filmmaking. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to learn about marketing, PR, development, and basic nonprofit management, all while working with a wonderful staff. Please feel free to give us a call at 512-478-4795 for more information or download a volunteer application form below. Have more time to spend? Check out the many internships the Austin Film Festival has to offer.
Volunteering with Austin Film Festival is a unique opportunity to work hard, gain valuable event management experience, earn community service hours, network and have fun while supporting the mission of a pioneering nonprofit organization dedicated to championing the work of aspiring and established filmmakers.
Orientations To Be Announced
Volunteer hours can earn you the following:
- Film Pass 15 hours
- Lone Star Badge 30 hours
- Weekend Badge 50 hours
- Conference Badge 65 hours
- Producers Badge 125 hours
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 512-478-4795.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
POSITION: Digital Projectionist
DEPARTMENT: Film Department
HIRE DATES: Must be available for three 2hr training sessions in September (TBA), QC at least 6 hours of films along with a commitment to at least 4 shifts of projection and have FULL AVAILABILITY during the week of October 23rd through October 30th, 2014.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Production Manager
COMPENSATION: Pass/Badge type dependent upon years
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: The projectionist would be responsible for the successful presentation of films throughout the week of the Festival. Additional duties include quality checking films and conducting technical checks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Projecting digital film files to their utmost quality and monitoring the entire presentation from start to finish, ensuring said quality throughout the screening.
- Conducting pre-screening technical checks with filmmakers to ensure outstanding picture and audio quality.
- Attending equipment tests and installs at AFF venues.
- Quality checking films at the AFF office in the weeks leading up to the Festival.
- Communicating with the Festival Production Manager throughout the Festival and providing quality communication and professional service to our Festival filmmakers.
- Must have some experience with digital projection.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of digital formats.
- Working knowledge of standard film aspect ratios.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Send your resume, along with references and a cover letter, to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Production Manager
1801 Salina street
Austin, TX, 78701
Or email your resume, along with references and a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** All submissions must include references and a cover letter**