Do you have a love for film and want to help a great organization? We are in need of volunteers to help us prepare for the 2014 Austin Film Festival & Conference, October 23 – 30. Each year, the enthusiasm, commitment and hard work of volunteers enable the Festival to pursue its mission of celebrating the writer at the heart of the process of filmmaking. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to learn about marketing, PR, development, and basic nonprofit management, all while working with a wonderful staff. Please feel free to give us a call at 512-478-4795 for more information or download a volunteer application form below. Have more time to spend? Check out the many internships the Austin Film Festival has to offer.
Volunteering with Austin Film Festival is a unique opportunity to work hard, gain valuable event management experience, earn community service hours, network and have fun while supporting the mission of a pioneering nonprofit organization dedicated to championing the work of aspiring and established filmmakers.
Join us at orientation:
Sunday October 19th 11AM – 6PM 1005 Congress Ave, Suite 100, Austin TX 78701
Volunteer hours can earn you the following:
- Film Pass 15 hours
- Lone Star Badge 30 hours
- Weekend Badge 50 hours
- Conference Badge 65 hours
- Producers Badge 125 hours
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-478-4795.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
POSITION: Digital Projectionist
DEPARTMENT: Film Department
HIRE DATES: Must be available for three 2hr training sessions in September (TBA), QC at least 6 hours of films along with a commitment to at least 4 shifts of projection and have FULL AVAILABILITY during the week of October 23rd through October 30th, 2014.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Production Manager
COMPENSATION: Pass/Badge type dependent upon years
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: The projectionist would be responsible for the successful presentation of films throughout the week of the Festival. Additional duties include quality checking films and conducting technical checks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Projecting digital film files to their utmost quality and monitoring the entire presentation from start to finish, ensuring said quality throughout the screening.
- Conducting pre-screening technical checks with filmmakers to ensure outstanding picture and audio quality.
- Attending equipment tests and installs at AFF venues.
- Quality checking films at the AFF office in the weeks leading up to the Festival.
- Communicating with the Festival Production Manager throughout the Festival and providing quality communication and professional service to our Festival filmmakers.
- Must have some experience with digital projection.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of digital formats.
- Working knowledge of standard film aspect ratios.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Send your resume, along with references and a cover letter, to:
Austin Film Festival
c/o Production Manager
1801 Salina street
Austin, TX, 78701
Or email your resume, along with references and a cover letter, to email@example.com.
** All submissions must include references and a cover letter**