First Round of 2013 Panelists!
The 20th Annual Austin Film Festival will run October 24th-31st, 2013, once again magnetically attracting the most talked about, prolific, outlaw and legendary filmmakers and screenwriters in the entertainment industry. Plans are well under way to produce another exceptional Conference to inspire, educate and entertain you. Just some of the panelists already confirmed for the 2013 Conference:
- Terry Rossio, writer SHREK, DÉJÀ VU, THE MASK OF ZORRO, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN franchise
- John August, writer FRANKENWEENIE, CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, BIG FISH, CHARLIE’S ANGELS I & II, GO
- Peter Craig, writer THE TOWN, FATHERS AND GUNS, BAD BOYS 3
- Lindsay Doran, producer STRANGER THAN FICTION, NANNY MCPHEE, NANNY MCPHEE RETURNS, SENSE AND SENSIBILITY
- Jim Hart, writer HOOK, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, CONTACT, TUCK EVERLASTING, THE LAST MIMZY, AUGUST RUSH
- Robin Swicord, writer MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, LITTLE WOMEN, PRACTICAL MAGIC
- Dan Sterling, producer Girls, The Office, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, writer, The Sarah Silverman Program, King of the Hill, South Park
- Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, writers/producers RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE, writers THE RELIC
- Barry Josephson, Josephson Entertainment
- Nicholas Kazan, writer MATILDA, AT CLOSE RANGE, BICENTENNIAL MAN
- Franklin Leonard, Overbrook Entertainment, creator of The Black List
- Jim Uhls, writer FIGHT CLUB, SEMPER FI, JUMPER
- Craig Mazin, writer IDENTITY THEFT, TURKEYS, THE HANGOVER PART II, SCARY MOVIE 3 & 4, ROCKETMAN
- Alvaro Rodriguez, writer MACHETE, SHORTS, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN 3: THE HANGMAN’S DAUGHTER, ALLIED FORCES
- Daniel Petrie, Jr., Enderby Entertainment, creator/producer Combat Hospital, writer BEVERLY HILLS COP, THE BIG EASY, SHOOT TO KILL, writer/director FRAMED, former WGAw President
- Rick Dugdale, Enderby Entertainment
We’ll be announcing more of our confirmed panelists and events for the 2013 Conference in the coming months. Please know that we also greatly value your input and if you have suggestions for panel discussions, please send them to our Conference Director Erin Hallagan at email@example.com. Our goal is to provide you with the best writing and filmmaking conference yet.
All panelists are confirmed, schedules permitting. All speakers and events are based on permitting schedules and subject to change and/or cancellation without notice.